Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Saturday 29 May 2010

Farewell Dennis Hopper

I see that Dennis Hopper has died from prostate cancer. Dennis was a superb actor, he starred in a couple of my favourite films - Blue Velvet and Rumblefish.

His performance and character (Frank Booth) in Blue Velvet is one of the most compelling I've ever seen and my old band was all too happy to base a dark/punchy track around him using apt sampled phrases (and there aren't many Frank Booth lines that are expletive free).

Now It's Dark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a very sad fuckin beast upon hearing this news Mark....well fucked off in fact...

ps...so goes without saying then what i thought about him....

RIP then...you mad brilliant cunt...

The Drunkbirder said...

Sad news... the best use of a respirator in any film...