Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Sunday 5 May 2019

No Geography

The recent unseasonably crap weather has curtailed any proper efforts. The garden moth trap is dormant, and I've not really had much of a chance to get out after work in the week. Yesterday I was tied up, but this morning I headed over to Croft Hill for a nice couple of hours. It wasn't warm, but it was still and the sun did try to peek out a little. I spent most of the time beating hawthorn and oak, and ripping my net .....

I've got a few bits in pots to sort out but I've mainly added a few species to the larval rearing shelf and I've got a couple of Phyllonorycter spp. to try and photograph.




So aside from not seeing anything, what I have mainly been doing is listening to No Geography by the Chemical Brothers. By far their best release for some years, not a single duff track and all well worth listening to at high volume.






No comments: