Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Monday 20 May 2019

Another Tacky Tick

A new one for the garden, and me, in the trap last night ......

Tachystola acroxantha

The only one I've seen before was a partly emaciated and very dead specimen from a fly killer catch tray, which at the time was one of the first VC55 records. It's become quite common and widespread in the VC since then so probably a bit overdue.

In the same trap, another garden first - albeit just a form:

Clouded-bordered Brindle ab. combusta

And whilst I'm at it, this Muslin Moth from Saturday night is slightly abberrant, and I've seen a number of similarly marked individuals on various groups this year so perhaps an effect of the heatwave last summer?

Muslin Moth

An I guess I'll throw in this throw-away shot of a Common Swift. Not sure I've ever got a photo of this and most swifts that I'm happy with - they dither about a lot!

Common Swift

No comments: