Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Saturday 23 June 2012

Huncote Embankment 23/06/2012 - Inverts

Spent most of today catching up in the office, but I left at c4:30pm and headed back over to Huncote Embankment. It was a little overcast and very windy, but I was determined to finally locate the Wild Liquorice that I'd been told about ...... I'll come back to that in a separate post. With the wind and rain threatening, I took the camera but opted to leave the net in the car (though a few pots came in my pocket just in case). I noted a few inverts, though not many as I was focusing on the flowering stuff. This one was new for me though:

Deraeocoris flavilinea - two colour forms of the nymph (ID from here)

The paler one managed to avoid being in focus in all my shots until it crawled onto my hand whilst I was trying to hold the branch still and take one-handed photos.

Anyone want to guess what this blob is? All will become clear in the last photo on this post - and I think you'll agree that in terms of obscure Global Blog firsts, this takes some beating ......

 


This smart Treble-bar was sitting right next to some St John's-Wort - not sure what type but quite possibly Perforate St John's-Wort as I also found this on it ....

 
 
Chrysolina hyperici - sadly not the best shots in the windy conditions, the last one is probably best apart from most of the head missing!


I coaxed it onto an adjacent fence post to try for more shots when it did this ......

I bet you didn't guess that!

No comments: