Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Ibiza Wall Lizard

Here's a load of wall lizard images from Ibiza. They were pretty much everywhere, in various ages, sizes and presumably sexes and variable in the colouration and intensity of the markings. I have to say they were brilliant to watch - very charismatic and, if you're careful, quite inquisitive. I could have watched them for hours. When I checked the ID I was pleased to find that the wall lizards in Ibiza are Ibiza Wall Lizard (Podarcis pityusensis).















This last one is not an Ibiza Wall Lizard as I'm sure you noticed. It's the ubiquitous Moorish Gecko (Tarentola mauritanica). Again we saw a fair few during the week, including some that were obviously this year's young, but almost all were at night when I was without camera. This one was on a ceiling in the hotel.

1 comment:

Andrew Cunningham said...

Nice images. There is an ant species wisely hiding in the Gecko's blind spot right behind it!