Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Saturday 7 May 2022

May Day

So, those Pammene spp. - all P. suspectana. I shall keep looking over the next couple of weeks, P. albuginana has to be out there.

You may recall that we had some work done in the garden last autumn. We've been planting and organising it a fair bit over the last month or so, and I am looking forward later in the year to watching pollinators on some of the flowering plants I've put in. I've also created a quick mini-pond that I hope will bring in aquatic wildlife, using a 100litre planter on legs as I have no intention of creating a place for frogs - just the inverts. It's not ready to share, I'll give it time to mature a bit first.

Here's a couple from last night's garden trap:

May Highflyer

Cochylichroa atricapitana. Yes, you're right, it did used to be Cochylis atricapitana before the taxonomists got involved. Again.

Here's some random Japanese metalcore what I found on the internet to cunningly match the blog title. I like it.

No comments: