Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Thursday 31 December 2020

'H'NY

The sun has well and truly set on 2020. This time last year, I was looking forward to a quiet evening knowing that we were heading out to the north Norfolk coast for some January 1st sea-air and an incidental twitch on the way. The chances of going anywhere further than a local walk tomorrow are slim indeed.

I look forward to spending some 2021 hours in my local square and seeing what I can find. I'm planning on adding a suction sampler to my array of field equipment in time for the spring - let's see what looks I get walking down the lane with that. I'm also hoping that I can get out and about as much as I have done in 2020 - or at least as much as I did before the late autumn. I really should make a bit more effort with some local birding in 2021, and I very much hope that I can get back into some out-of-garden moth trapping in the late spring/summer.

Given that we are absolutely back in the throws of lockdown and pandemic pandemonium, it seems a little twee to wish everyone a 'Happy New Year'. It goes without saying that in the immediate context, 'Happy' means safe, sane and healthy. So, Happy New Year to one and all.

1 comment:

AJ Cann said...

Black bin liner needed for transportation of suction sampler. Doesn't look suspicious at all!

Happy new year.