Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Monday 20 April 2020

The Office

Remember back when after a day at work you'd sometimes nip to the pub. Maybe the White Horse, the Red Cow or the Black Lion, or any other pub named after a colour and animal (though it is usually white, red, black, horse, cow, lion and perhaps swan or hart .....).

I was 'back to work' today. And perhaps it was a good thing that the conditions outside were not favourable for doing anything in the garden. It's been sunny and warm, which is great, but also very windy which has meant a continual shower of blossom petals from our cherry tree blowing all over the place, through every window crack and filling up the driveway under the tree and the back garden in equal measure. Nothing hovering, and anything trying to fly in straight lines was being buffeted. Anything landing on a leaf was never going to be still enough for the camera. So I was able to spend the day catching up without distraction, which was alot harder than it should have been as the e-mail system had lost 1000s of e-mails from the inbox and sent folders. Resolving that slowed everything down, so what I could get done was protracted waiting for files to download whilst the e-mail system chuntered away in the background.

Still, the one advantage I have at home is that I can pull up stumps when I like, unplug the laptop from my home screen and peripherals and do something else. Like listen to music whilst having a look at some records that need verifying. Late in the afternoon, I can enjoy having a beer in the newest pub on the block - The Office. Social distancing is implicit as there is only seating for one.






2 comments:

martinf said...

Looks like a nice space and far more tidy than my equivalent...

Skev said...

Trust me, the book shelves behind and the other end of the desk are piled with crap!