Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Friday 23 April 2010

Quick Note

Not long back home after a speculative mothing trip to Martinshaw Wood near to Groby in Leics. A long while since I last moth-trapped there, so if nothing else it was good to get back in and have a look around. I'll post a summary and photos tomorrow.

Nothing much else really. Yesterday I had a look at Misterton Marsh near to Lutterworth in south Leics. - loads of Butterbur flowering but mostly gone over with quite big leaves already showing. A big patch of Marsh Marigolds too - wrong camera .........

This afternoon I quickly checked on the injured bull I mentioned a couple of days ago - it has gone so hopefully being sorted out  ...  one way or another. Whilst there I noted a couple of juvenile Woodpigeons feeding in the field with adults, and also my first Mallard brood of the year - nine very fluffy recently hatched ducklings.

Later this afternoon I heard the noise I've been waiting for - my first garden Lesser Whitethroat of the year. I've had a least one on the embankment every year since 2000 - great to have one back again.

No comments: