Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Sunday 13 July 2008

Blistering Belfry - 04/07/2008

After a couple of days of generally crappy weather, it was great to spend a day on the superb professional courses at The Belfry in blistering sunshine. I managed to burn my head and face during the day, only relieved by a few (well, lots of) beers as we enjoyed the facilities until the early hours. As for the golfing, playing on these courses really brings home the difference in standard. After a bit of a warm up on the PGA National in the morning, we played the Brabazon in the afternoon (the four-times Ryder Cup course). I was hoping to go round like Tiger, but ended up playing more like Tigger. Lack of consistency, putting prowess and power off of the tee all played a part in my low scoring Stableford round, and I lost more balls than I was provided with at the start. Still a great experience though, plus I did manage to save grace with a good tee shot on the 1st and a great par on the 10th - the two holes being videoed by our professional host and speaker Peter McGovern.

No comments: