Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Tuesday 8 June 2021

Drowning

I'm properly struggling with trying to get back to a normal work-life balance. I was intending to ease myself back into work, but three weeks in and my innate desire to have everything 'right' has almost tipped me right into a work-work mentality and I'm drowning. I've barely had time to log on to the home PC, let alone get out and do anything. I've been feeling knackered when I do get home, and given that the conditions have improved I've been compelled to run the garden light trap more which means earlier starts compounding the fatigue. I'm not complaining, I needed to get back into working for a living and I will, eventually, strike a balance and make time for R&R.

In the meantime, I did manage to get out into the square and find lots of stuff at the weekend, and as mentioned the light trap has started to produce some proper diversity - both lepidopteran and 'bycatch'. But I'm not going to offer anything like a comprehensive roundup, or even half-arsed summary. I'll share a few photos now, and I'll make some effort to get my records and lists up to date over the weekend.

Toadflax Brocade

Rhinocyllus conicus - swept from Spear Thistle

Epinotia bilunana

Ptinus sexpunctatus - light trap

Scorched Wing

Bordered Shieldbug - found by chance in garden

Rustic Shoulder-knot

Magdalis armigera - uncooperative individual swept from Ulmus sp.

Broken Barred-carpet

Orange Ladybird

Flame Carpet

Red-necked Stint, River Warbler etc etc - no intention of driving all over the shop for year ticks. Sulphur-bellied Warbler - meh.

No comments: