Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Friday 18 June 2021

Catching up on Bycatch

Not quite sure where to start. Over the last week or so I've quietly built up a fair collection of stuff that has come to the garden light trap, including a good number of bits that I've not seen before. I've also had some success on the moth front. I think for now I'll focus on the bits that are not moths or beetles - mainly caddisflies and a couple of other bits. I should point out that many caddisflies have long antennae, which I've made no effort to include in the frame as they seem superfluous!

Agraylea multipunctata (13/06/2021)

Polycentropus irroratus (12/06/2021)

Limnephilus lunatus (12/06/2021)

Hydropsyche instabilis (16/06/2021)

Mystacides longicornis (12/06/2021)

Phryganea grandis (13/06/2021)

Caenis horaria (13/06/2021) - identified via the Moth Trap Intruders facebook group

Dinocampus coccinellae (14/06/2021) - another one identified via the group, by Gavin Broad
This funky looking wasp is the parasitoid of ladybirds.

The one that got away! I took this photo, checked the image and thought it looked interesting, and it then evaded capture as I tried to pot it and it fecked off. Having trawled through the British Bugs galleries several times, I eventually homed in on Psallus montanus, and I think it is either this or Psallus betuleti.

Bordered Shieldbug (09/06/2021) - wasn't expecting one of these to light

Tipula lunata (13/06/2021)

Here's the original version of a track that was remixed into a club banger c20 years ago.

No comments: