Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Monday 11 October 2021

Marvellous

I have just two records of Merveille du Jour from the garden - singles c9 days apart in 2009, none before that and none since. The lack of mature oaks within sight of the garden will not help. So, when I potted one up from the trap last night I was well chuffed. Even more so when I found another in the trap this morning - albeit that one was missing antennae for some reason.


What a marvellous start to the day ....

Most of the rest of the autumnal stuff that has turned up over the last few days is brown or grey.

Beaded Chestnut

Juniper Carpet

Red-line Quaker

Satellite

Acleris sparsana

Feathered Thorn

Dark Chestnut

Green-brindled Crescent

I did get out today looking for more leaf mines, and found a good selection along with a few mildews, rusts and galls. A lot of it sorted and ready to add to records but still plenty to go at.

No comments: