Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Friday 5 November 2021

Telly

Just entering and checking some moth records as part of my catch up. I'm fully aware that my garden moth list needs an update but I still have a number of specimens pending gen det so was going to wait for that. However a quick check from records entered so far of new species this year in my garden threw up an unexpected species.

I'm absolutely familiar with Teleiodes luculella; it is immediately recognisable and certainly one that I saw and learnt very early on when I started mothing. But it's not one that I've seen often, and actually another quick check shows the last one in my records was a decade ago. However I was completely oblivious to the fact that one had never popped up in the garden! A quick check through trap-side photos and yes, a typically scruffy individual (shame it wasn't a nice pristine contrasty individual with a splash of yellow on the crescent).

Teleiodes luculella - 02/07/2021

No comments: