Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Saturday 13 November 2021

Anti

Here's some more from that Greek trip, a mixed bad of inverts:

These first couple are from the car park area at the hotel just outside of Athens before heading home, where lots of stuff was just a lot bigger than I'm used to. These ants were (relatively) massive with huge jaws. Believe they are some type of 'Carpenter Ant' Camponotus sp.




And on the same big theme, this Psychid case was attached to a kerbside next to a group of conifers. No idea on species.



All of the following were just around the same two areas near Kamina as in the last post.

Think I've only seen one Snakefly in the UK, before I was bothered and it was not identified. This one - I think - looks a good match to Raphidia mediterranea.


This darter was in the car park of the hotel at Kaminia. I mulled over it for a while before realising it is a female Broad Scarlet (Crocothemis erythraea).


I think this funky-looking shieldbug is Carpocoris mediterraneus.


I've made no attempt to identify the remainder.




No comments: