Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Tuesday 8 February 2011

On this day - 08/02/2001

A minor milestone was reached today - at least for me at any rate. Of course I only know this by accident, as I've been trawling through some old files and (still) trying to get some comprehensive order into the tens of thousands of digital photos I've taken over the years.

Here for reference is the first ever digital photo of a moth that I took ten years ago on 08/02/2001 - a Pale Brindled Beauty that I'd trapped during the previous night.


It was taken with a newly acquired Nikon CoolPix 995 that we had at work - well outside of my budget at the time. I opted to go for a Sony Cybershot DSC-S50 just a few weeks later and used that for a couple of years before acquiring the CoolPix 4500 that I still use today (sterling service, unbeatable compact macro in my opinion).

No comments: