Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Tuesday 19 April 2022

She Wants Revenge

Everyone that has run a light trap knows the inherent risk of a wasp or two (or dozens!) waiting for an errant finger to poke with their stingers. Usually more of a later summer/autumn risk, and greater in decent woodland with Hornets around. This morning I was not even slightly aware or ready for a Common Wasp that was clinging onto the handle out of view as I went to pick up the trap. Luckily for me, she was just a bit too cold and dozy and as I grabbed the handle I knocked her off onto the sheet. A close escape turned into a photo opportunity.


I hope she doesn't come back tonight though!

Not a lot else in the trap, but Brindled Pug, Brindled Beauty, Brimstone Moth and Shuttle-shaped Dart all new for the year.



3 comments:

Gibster said...

Yes!!! As soon as I read the title I hoped you'd play this fantastic track! You seen the music vid? It's pretty cool :)

Skev said...

Aye it's a good one indeed.

martinf said...

Had two in the morning's trap this week, similarly woozy. Seem more about this year