Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Saturday 7 April 2012

Devon Ticks

Down here in Devon with family, but just nipping into the garden and down to the seaside brought a few new species (or at least they are if they are what I think they are - you know what I mean).

Ivy-leaved Toadflax - Ilfracombe

Procumbent Yellow-sorrel - Ilfracombe

Sage Leafhopper - Guineaford
The Lumix macro isn't quite up to these tiny things ....

Some sort of lichen - Guineaford

3 comments:

Stewart said...

The Ivy leaved Toadflax is abundant on our garden walls Mark, it even grew through the wall into our porch!A common plant around here...

Skev said...

Ah - I'll take that as an ID validation! I've been walking around with my botanical eyes wide shut for most of my life Stewart, and it's definitely one I'll have seen and ignored in the past. Hard to miss it down here though as there are loads of stone walls everywhere covered in plants, lichens and mosses.

Trent Duval said...

Try Cladonia humilis for the lichen....
at worst it will eliminate one of the thousands :)