Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Sunday 15 April 2012

Bee, Bits

Had a very lazy morning, slouching in bed watching the Grand Prix whilst the sun shone outside. I could've been out looking for chats and ouzels, but frankly I couldn't be arsed. It's back to work tomorrow after a week off and I wanted a lie-in. Much later in the day, after Josh's now-regular Sunday football match, I had a couple of hours out dodging showers and enjoying a bit of P&Q.

I headed over to Croft Hill and pottered about in the woodland fringe looking at anything and everything. One such thing was this very nice new mining bee for me ....


A check of books and tinterweb when I got home brought the ID - Ashy Mining Bee (Andrena cineraria). I also noted this Orange-tip sitting stock still on top of Red Dead-nettle ..


.. and this Horse Chestnut Leaf-miner resting on the trunk of the usual host - I reckon this had not long emerged from the over-wintering pupa and was looking forward to starting the whole cycle again ..

No comments: