Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Wednesday 15 April 2020

Tachy Tachi

I usually try and avoid any of those Facebook challenges, but I sometimes join in ones with a musical theme. Anyway I got asked to take part in posting ten albums that influenced my musical taste. I thought I'd join in, and then realised how that's actually quite a difficult thing to do properly as you then have to ask yourself how/why did this particular album make a difference to what I listen to. I've decided that my list will be ten albums that when I heard them made me want to hear more by the same and/or similar artists - which is as near as I can get to being influenced but I am sure it is more complicated and varied than just ten albums. I'll post them on here in ten days or so when I'm done.

More painting. And more small flying beetles caught in the garden during coffee breaks. First up a couple of my least favourite Staphs ....

Tachyporus hypnorum

Tachinus laticollis sl from Mark Telfer's representation of Joy's key
Not sure how to separate from T. flavolimbatus

The other one is not properly resolved ...

... but is probably Epuraea melanocephalus?

Loitering in front of the sunlit lilac bush was frustrating today, as a couple of solitary bees and a Nomada sp. briefly set down only to be harassed by one of the several patrolling Eristalis pertinax. Maybe more luck tomorrow. Garden moth trap is out too.

2 comments:

martinf said...

I think Tachyporus hypnorum is in every sample I ever look at. T. obtusus continues to elude me. Never see it!

Skev said...

I usually ignore them, but needs must in these weird times!