Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Friday 10 June 2011

Come Rain or Shine. Or Hail.

Four seasons in one day.

This cracking Eyed Hawk-moth was in my moth trap this morning and I was compelled to photograph it in the warm early morning sunshine ......


... as I type, all hell has broken loose outside with torrential hailstones, thunder and lightning (click for big)


In between, we've had nice sunny spells, overcast skies and the odd gentle shower before is pissed down heavily a hour or so ago. With the frozen rain sitting around everywhere now there is no way my traps will be troubled tonight.

Late afternoon after work (mainly sunny) I had a walk along one of the local disused railways lines. Nothing too exciting other than a Pammene aurana potted up to photograph when there is some light. Otherwise I pointed the Lumix at a few odd bits .....

Oxeye Daisy

Some Burnet or other

7-Spot Ladybird?

Creeping Thistle (I think) - which was feeding lots of bits like ..

Red-tailed Bumblebee

Buff-tailed Bumblebee

Volucella pellucens

No comments: