Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Saturday 24 October 2009

Arse!

Nice one to all who twitched the South Shields Eastern Crowned Warbler. I knew about it on Thursday night but no chance of doing anything about it. I've been away on a very nice and very relaxing 10th wedding anniversary break whilst my Mum has the kids. I've been incommunicado and blissfully unaware that the Warbler was still there on the Friday and again today until I got home a couple of hours ago. No chance of going tomorrow either as my brother is visiting. The most annoying twist to this is that my brother actually lives in - fecking South Shields!!! He lives about a two-minute walk from the bird. I can't even use the excuse of going to visit him. Oh well - in the unlikely event that it sticks for a while I may get a chance.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wot a total bastard....that is beyond 'arse'......!
Think we're talking a shit situation here...

ps....i hear Mr Haig is getting up fuckin early tomorrow....[why on earth would someone wanna get up on a Sunday at four in the morning]..?

Beast..

Alan Tilmouth said...

A cunning plan is called for, get the whole family pissed and crawl into the boot of brothers car on the pretext of checking the spare for the return journey, obviously ensuring your wearing your bins.

Anonymous said...

I have another cunning plan for you Mark if Alan's doesn't work out....tell em all..'i'm fuckin off for a rare...bollox to the lot of you'....then storm out of the house in a fake rage......

ps...not really a 'subtle' plan....but you could always claim to be under 'stress'....

pps...[seriously]..sympathies...!

Beast...

Blyth Birder said...

The beauty couldn't have showed any better if we'd wished for it, ........you'll be pleased to know :)

davidearlgray said...

Don't worry Mark, John has dipped this morning and I have been stuck at bloody work for the last three days!arghh!!
As one has turned up and a few have been recorded in europe, hopefully another will be find sooner than later and maybe even on Shetland next October?!

Anonymous said...

You can now relax and have a 'lovely day' Mark...[just spare a thought for those experiencing a nightmare up north]..!

Beast

Skev said...

Thanks to all for suggestions, and especially to BB for the sympathy ;-)
I'm glad it's gone before I screwed up family life and work committments to go up and dip.

Skev said...

Hey Blyth Birder - what happened to yor blog by the way, is it now an exclusive club?