Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Friday 15 October 2010

On the ivy

I've been away on work again during the week, so nothing exciting to post about from the last couple of days but I've managed to sort out a couple of photos from a very brief look-see at an ivy-clad bridge nearby on Tuesday night. I'd nipped out to the garden to sort out the recycling bins for collection and noticed a Blair's Shoulder-knot feeding on a small overhanging ivy in the garden. Spurred on by this I went out with torch and camera to check down the lane.

It was cool, and only c9pm so I wasn't sure whether there would be much success. However I was pleased to find 2 each of Brick, Yellow-line Quaker, Red-line Quaker and Green-brindled Crescent, and single Dark Chestnut, Pink-barred Sallow, Satellite and Emmelina monodactyla. Not the best shots but you get the idea ..

Satellite

The Brick

Yellow-line Quaker

Red-line Quaker

Green-brindled Crescent

No comments: