Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Saturday 7 June 2008

Birthday & NMN

Today is my thirty-tenth birthday. Last night I went out for a meal with Nichola at the Narborough Road branch of La Dolce Vita, and very nice it was too. We followed it with a couple of beers at The Criterion. Today we've had a lunch time meal at Frankie & Benny's as the kids enjoy the food there, and again it was good - I am a sucker for Calzone Sicilione. I have therefore obliged the family and their expectations in celebrating my birthday, leaving me free to go out tonight to participate in National Moth Night. I shall be running traps overnight at Pickworth Great Wood with Adrian Russell, Derek Lee and probably Keith Tailby - should be a good overall list. Good luck to everyone getting out and about - NMN traditionally fucks up the weather and all hopes of a good night but you never know!

2 comments:

Richard Fray said...

Happy birthday Skev you old bugger. Hope the curry night was good...

Skev said...

Yes thanks - beer and curry is always good! I'll give you more notice next time so you have a better chance of joining us ;-)