Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Tuesday 31 December 2019

Anus Horribilis

No, I have quite deliberately misspelt annus

In many many ways it has been a year that I would much rather forget; I've spent more time in hospital than in the whole of my previous 50 years, being drained of bloods, being filled up with fluids, being scanned, under general anaesthetic, embarrassed and in undignified situations, uncomfortable in the extreme, being radiated and taking meds etc. It's been a rollercoaster of emotions: bad news good news in swift rotation until my head was spinning.

But that is more than balanced by the fact that I am here, I am (currently) intact and I have a life to look forward to.

C'est la vie eh?

Hah, as I typed that last bit, it reminded me of some (now dated but funny if you are old enough) stuff by Victor Lewis-Smith back in the early 90s.


'I think I'm going to kick the bucket! Still, that's life, eh, that's life'.

Roll on 2020.


All the best to you and yours for the coming year/decade.

5 comments:

Steve Gale said...

Skev, all the best my friend for a far easier 2020, one without all of the medical shenanigans. Maybe LCFC will carry on defying the odds as well...

Ipin said...

All the best Skev!Here's to a better 2020!

Skev said...

Cheers both. I suspect one of you will be less hopeful of LCFC doing well imminently ....

martinf said...

Hope 2020 is a better year for you. All the best

Skev said...

Cheers Martin, I'm sure it will be.