Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Monday 2 April 2018

Sweet Lemon

Nipped into a local garden center with the Mrs today and helped myself to a large slab of chocolate cake and a pot of tea. Whilst there, I had a good look at some of the citrus plants they had in. Lots of Kumquats and a couple of Lemons. Eventually found what I was looking for on one of the Lemon plants, making it the sweetest lemon I've had. There was no way I was going to fork out c£20 for a Lemon plant I don't want, but luckily the leaf I needed to look at fell off ........

And here it is - avec a clear mine of Phyllocnistis citrella. Like other Phyllocnistis spp. the mine barely breaks below the epidermis, and this one has feeding on both sides of the leaf. Sadly it's a vacated mine, but nevertheless a solid second VC55 record for this adventive species.

Phyllocnistis citrella, Leicestershire 02/04/2018

1 comment:

Gibster said...

Solid...