Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Monday 16 February 2015

Garden Moths / Garden Tick

Ran the garden synergetic last night for the first time this year. Four moths, three species - good to start trapping with a catch rather than a blank!

1524  Emmelina monodactyla  1
1926  Pale Brindled Beauty (Phigalia pilosaria)  1
1934  Dotted Border (Agriopis marginaria)  2

Still haven't got to grips with indoor photography using the bright led ring I bought. I can't seem to get the right white balance set regardless of what I do including using the photographers grey card. Need more practice, but for that I need more moths in the early/late season and more time. Here's a couple of not too bad quick shots in the meantime.

Pale Brindled Beauty

Dotted Border

Forgot to post a note a couple of weeks back about a lucky garden tick. I'd made some pack-up for work and then promptly forgot to take it in the morning so I nipped home at lunch. Whilst peering out of the kitchen window with a sarnie hovering in front of my face, two Cormorants flew over the garden. I've seen a few flyover Cormorants around here over the last couple of years, but these were the first over the garden.

And whilst I'm at it, here's an old photo from the garden that I found whilst sorting out some old files from one back-up drive to another.

Speckled Bush Cricket, 17/08/2006

No comments: